Sunday, March 2, 2014

Odyssey of the Mind

Hayden's Odyssey of the Mind wrapped up on Saturday. What a long day that was. JB Hunt Primary did great! They do not rank primary kids (I'm guessing because they are so young) but each coach is given their primary groups scores and what they can improve on in following years. JB Hunt scored....perfect! :) Their little skit was the cutest thing and all the kids did great. I am really proud of all of them. They worked so hard. The coaches we had this year are new. JB Hunt has not had a team in 5 years. Primary and Secondary families decided to pitch in and get the coaches something nice. Because every single family offered to pitch in we were able to get them a $75 gift card to their favorite restaurant, $50 gift card to malco and flowers. All the kids signed a card for them as well. Boy, did they deserve it! Here are some pictures of OotM competition.
 This school was packed!!!
 A conga line right before the awards are given is completely normal, right? :/ I was not amused. It was 545pm, I had been there since 7, I was starving and ready to go! Ha.
 Olivia thought it was totally appropriate to show up to awards as Cinderella. :)
JB Hunt team in white...Hayden is on the far left. I forgot to mention that on Thursday Hayden woke and complained of his throat hurting. I told him he needed to go to school but if it kept hurting to tell the nurse and I would pick him up. Normally, he gets to school and I pick him up at the end of the day and he is completely fine. Well, on Thursday I got a call from the nurse at 830! He'd only been at school 30mins. She said that he wasn't running a fever but his throat was very red and she had seen a lot of strep. She didn't think it was strep and said that she would send him back to class and see how it progressed. I decided against that, went and picked him up. I made a dr appt for 940. Dr was skeptical of strep since he had no fever. He did a strep test anyway because his throat was red. He was positive for strep. Not allowed to return to school until Monday. He had competition on Saturday. Crap! Luckily, the dr said after 24hrs on antibiotics he is no longer contagious and technically he could go back to school on Friday at 2pm...what's the point of that. He missed two practices right before competition. His coaches were nervous! Lol. But Hayden was fine and we practiced at home. Obviously, he did well. :)

The next photos have nothing to do with OotM. :) Just some fun photos I took with my phone.

 Those two photos are of two cards Alec made for Hayden. I love their friendship. They are so funny. :)
 Hayden drew this robot a few weeks ago. We always check out drawing books at the library (Hayden has gotten really into drawing) and this was his version of the robot. He did better than I ever could do! :)
Like father like son, right? I was editing photos late one night and I go into our room to find them....pillow canopy??? I thought it was quite humorous.

We are having another snow day tomorrow.....take another day out of Spring Break. So glad we didn't have plans. But the fun part is Andrew now works at a job where their office closes due to bad weather. So, Andrew is now getting a 3 day weekend too! :)

I took video of Hayden's skit with Andrew's phone...mine had died (so dumb not to charge it the night before) and it is too long to email or message to anyone. So, Andrew is downloading it to youtube. Once it is loaded I will put the link up so you also can see his little skit. That I have to say the kids are required to do everything all by themselves. So, the whole concept, decor, costumes, lines, songs, moves, where everything is placed...is all them. They wrote their own skit. I still could not believe this. Just amazing! Anyway, I will get that up here in the next hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment